No one is hurt following a fire in Current River Wednesday evening. The blaze was in a building that houses a day care centre at 313 Grenville. Fire Platoon Chief Manfred Rohr says the fire started in between the floors of the two story building and appears to have been accidental. He says it appears it started when a lit cigarette started a joist on fire. The owner of the day care says the business was closed at the time the fire was discovered just after 5:30. Fire damage is confined to one small corner of the building.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
The record warmth continues in the Northwest. Environment Canada confirmed record highs in Thunder Bay as well as a number of other locations in the region. Meterologist Jim Prime says we could see more records today. Prime says it will be a different story by the weekend with temperatures dropping back to seasonal levels.