Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fredrica Fire

City firefighters responded to a fire in an apartment on West Fredrica last night. Oil from a deep fryer caught on fire. Firefighters put the out the flames when they arrived . The building had to be aired out because of the smoke. There were no injuries. Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue says it's never a good idea to leave a stove unattended when cooking.

Man stabbed during domestic dispute

Police have a woman in custody after a domestic dispute at a north side apartment block. A man was stabbed with a knife during the incident. His injury is non life threatening. The woman will appear in bail court this morning facing a charge of assault with a weapon.