Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two grease fires keep crews busy

One man is in hospital with burns after a fire in the North side of the city.  Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue responded to the blaze yesterday afternoon at around 1 and found a man with burns on Melvin Street.  The man suffered the burns when trying to run with a pot of flaming grease outside.  Heavy smoke damage was caused in the house. Later in the afternoon crews responded to a second fire that destroyed a kitchen on the South side.  Officials say a woman was doing some deep frying that got away from her and consumed her kitchen.  No one was hurt in the fire on Limbrick Street.