Thursday, April 24, 2014

Nipigon Investigation Concludes

Provincial Police are reporting that a house furnace was the cause of Monday's carbon monoxide poisoning that claimed two lives in Nipigon. The investigation was conducted by the OPP, Union Gas and safety inspectors.  60-year old Yvan Gaujean and his wife 45-year old Claire Gaujean were found dead in their First Street home.  The couple's 8-year old son survived and was treated at hospital and released.  The province is currently proposing that carbon monoxide detectors be mandatory for all homes in Ontario.